- What information will PTAV collect about me?
- When you sign up to participate in, or receive a service from, any PTAV website, such as newsletters, competitions, forums, blog updates etc we will ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, or date of birth. Different web pages may ask for different personal information. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable PTAV and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
- How will PTAV use the information they collect about me?
- PTAV will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
for "service administration purposes", which means that PTAV may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
to contact you about a submission you have made to the websites, including any content you provide. IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and to analyze and improve the services offered on PTAV websites. Where PTAV proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
- When will PTAV contact me?
- PTAV may contact you in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that PTAV can deliver the services to you; where you have opted to receive further correspondence; in relation to any contribution you have made to PTAV Web presence, e.g. on the PTAV Community forum; to invite you to participate in surveys about PTAV products (participation is always voluntary); and for marketing purposes for PTAV Software and Services (when you have agreed to this).
- Will PTAV share my personal information with anyone else?
- We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within PTAV for management purposes (such as planning website improvements, monitoring how many people look at which articles etc). However, sometimes PTAV uses third parties to process your information (for example with our online payment processing supplier or for processing our web analytics). PTAV requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and PTAV will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.